Keeping a backup of all your photos is always a good idea. This applies to your Instagram photos as well. Even if you aren’t thinking of deleting your Instagram account it’s a good idea to backup your data regularly.
You can backup your Instagram data on both the app & website. Here’s how to do both!
How to Download Instagram Pictures on the App
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone and then tap on the profile button at the bottom right side of the page. From there, tap the Menu button (the three line stacked on top of each other) at the top-right of the screen and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu (it’s at the very bottom).
- Toward the middle of the next menu, you’ll see a listing for “Data download.” Select that, enter your email and then tap “Request download.”
- Enter your Instagram password and your download will be requested.
The download won’t happen instantly. Instagram will email you when your photos are ready to download and will include a link for you to receive them. The process can take up to 48 hours.
How to Download Instagram Pictures on the Web
- Go to your profile at instagram.com.
- Click on the “gear icon” next to your Edit Profile option and select “Privacy and Security“.
- Scroll down to “Data Download“.
- Click “Request Download“.
- Type in your email address if it doesn’t automatically pop up, then click “Next“.
- Enter your password and click “Request Download“.
Just like requesting the picture download with the app the download from the Instagram website won’t happen instantly. Instagram will email you when your photos are ready to download and will include a link for you to receive them. The process can take up to 48 hours.